Did you know? Nearly 25 million Americans have varicose veins. That makes vein problems one of the most common chronic conditions in the United States.
Fortunately, ever-progressing technology and techniques are making varicose vein removal in Chicago possible for more people. Especially since the preparation, procedures and recovery times are all shorter and more comfortable than ever.
Vein removal in Chicago: Here’s what to expect
At Chicago Vein Institute, our experience is your advantage. We are proud of our success in performing more than 3,000 vein-related procedures each year, including the very latest, most effective procedures for varicose vein removal.
Vein removal via laser therapy
This procedure is more often used for smaller varicose veins. It is performed in our office, with a fast recovery time and positive mid-term (about two weeks) results. Other benefits to laser therapy include:
- It’s minimally invasive
- It doesn’t require a hospital stay
- Treatment is done in office
- Most people see and feel positive results after about two weeks
Vein removal using sclerotherapy
We offer two types of sclerotherapy at Chicago Vein Institute. Both are minimally invasive procedures that involve injecting a special solution into the vein. After, the vein collapses and disappears. For two weeks after the procedure, you will likely need to:
- Wear compression stockings or bandages to help maintain compression on the treated veins.
- Steer clear of strenuous exercise (but can resume normal activities the same day).
- Stay out of the sun to avoid developing dark spots on your skin, especially if you already have a dark skin tone.
Vein removal with endovenous laser ablation (EVLA™)
This advanced technique uses heat to treat veins, causing the vein to disappear over time. EVLA takes about 45 minutes and most people have no visible scars. Other benefits to this procedure include:
- Minimal to no downtime
- Minimal to no scarring
- Many people experience results right away
- EVLA can be used on all skin types
- Performed in-office
- Most people report only minimal pain and discomfort after the procedure
Chicago’s trusted source for vein removal and optimal results
At Chicago Vein Institute, our team of vein specialists is dedicated to treating you as the individual you are; creating a personalized plan to solve your vein problem. And to make your care even more convenient and accessible, we accept many insurance plans and offer flexible payment options. Whether you’re interested in vein removal for cosmetic or medical reasons, know that the highest standard of care is close by.
To schedule your free vein consultation, call 773-506-7340 or click here to use our online form.